Man sets fire to home by microwaving socks, underwear


This news is coming from London where currently Olympic is being organized by Great Britain..

British fire fighters say they saved an apartment from destruction after its domestically challenged resident tried to dry his wet socks and underwear in a microwave oven.

The Dorset Fire and Rescue Service says fire fighters rescued the man from his home and extinguished the kitchen blaze on Monday.

The fire destroyed the appliance along with the two pairs of underwear and socks inside it, and caused smoke damage to the apartment in Weymouth, a town on England’s southwest coast.

“The fire safety message here is to never put clothing of any kind in the microwave or an oven to attempt to dry them,” the Dorset firefighters said in a statement.

Moral of the story :  A microwave is for leftovers, not your boxers.

Advertisements

About Ajay Mishra
A technocrat who believes in deep rooted values of Indian culture and passionate about writing on issues related to social cause. Loves to travel across the globe and meet people from various cultural background. Fitness and yoga freak and loves light and soothing music. I love blogging and writing on issues related to common cause and my field of expertise. See my blog at: http://mycardclub.com https://ajaykmishra.wordpress.com

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: