Man sets fire to home by microwaving socks, underwear


This news is coming from London where currently Olympic is being organized by Great Britain..

British fire fighters say they saved an apartment from destruction after its domestically challenged resident tried to dry his wet socks and underwear in a microwave oven.

The Dorset Fire and Rescue Service says fire fighters rescued the man from his home and extinguished the kitchen blaze on Monday.

The fire destroyed the appliance along with the two pairs of underwear and socks inside it, and caused smoke damage to the apartment in Weymouth, a town on England’s southwest coast.

“The fire safety message here is to never put clothing of any kind in the microwave or an oven to attempt to dry them,” the Dorset firefighters said in a statement.

Moral of the story :  A microwave is for leftovers, not your boxers.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: